Taking little ones out regularly is a great way to help with your child's development and enables them to explore the outside world and their surroundings. They are able to take in a multitude of new sights, sounds and smells, all whilst you enjoy a nice break away from the house in the fresh air.
We've put together 5 pram friendly walks around Brisbane that are not only perfect for the pushchair but all members of the family.
1. Wynnum to Manly Esplanade Roughly a 10k round trip, this relaxed seafront stroll is the perfect place for a family walk. All pathways are smooth, bump free and completely pushchair friendly as well as being surrounded by a number of eateries, shops and children's playgrounds. You may also want to take a break from walking and let the kids cool off in the Wynnum Esplanade wading pool or whale water playground during the summer months.
2. Stockyard Creek Circuit, Brisbane Koala Bushlands Get up and close with nature at Brisbane's Koala Bushlands and see if you can spot some local wildlife including wallabies, water dragons, turtles and of course, koalas! The Stockyard Creek Circuit is 1.4km and takes roughly around 50 minutes to complete. The smooth boardwalk makes this track ideal for prams and it also includes a viewing deck perfect for little explorers to see the animals.
3. Springfield Lakes Promenade Starting from "Lakes Entrance Park" just off "Lakes Entrance Drive", this quaint, river side walk is roughly around 1.5km and leads to a fully fenced children's playground, picnic area and public BBQs. This is the perfect walk for pushchairs and also suitable for little legs if you don't want the restraints of the pram. There is however a distinct lack of cafes, eateries or shops on the walk so you may want to head to the more well known "Spring Lake" if you want to grab a bite before your stroll.
4. WH Yeo Park, Thompsons Beach, Victoria Point Thompsons Beach pathway is a great option for a short walk with the pram as it will only take you 10-15 minutes, however as it is a beachside walk, there are plenty of lovely views along the way. There are also two unfenced playgrounds, as well as an adult exercise space, BBQs and outdoor seating and lots of grassy areas to sit with a picnic. All of the pathways are even, smooth and ideal for prams.
5. Roma Street Parklands Roma Street Parklands is an awesome Brisbane city pram walk through 16 hectares of beautiful gardens, forests and playground areas. There are plenty of spots for a BBQ, picnic and to simply to take a break from your stroll and sit back, relax and take in your surroundings. All of the parkland walkways are level and pram friendly so if you're looking for a great place to stretch your legs with bubs, then definitely check this one out.
We know that there are so many more wonderful pram walks to experience in Brisbane and we'd love to hear about them! Make sure to leave your favourite in the comments.