Pizza wheels are a great snack or meal for kids and are the perfect addition to any party table. And the best thing? They are so quick and easy to make!
Ready rolled puff pastry sheets
Tomato Puree (or any pizza sauce of your choice)
Shredded Mozzarella (or any cheese of your choice)
Toppings of your choice (optional)
1. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees or 160 degrees for fan assisted ovens.
2. Spread pizza sauce evenly across pastry sheet and top with a generous helping of cheese. Ensure that the surface is covered right to the edges.
3. This is the time to add your toppings - pepperoni, ham or mixed capsicum are popular choices. It's important to make sure that toppings are diced as finely as possible in order to help with the rolling process.
4. Next it's time to roll the sheet tightly into a long scroll shape and slice evenly from one end into 12 pieces. Each one should be 1-2cm in width.
5. Place wheels on a baking tray and pop into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
And VOILA! A cheap and cheerful recipe that is sure to put a smile on anybody's face!