It's Date Night, you've been saying that you and your loved one need some quality alone time for weeks and you've finally managed to convince someone to watch the brood whilst you make the effort to spend the evening together.
Where do you go? That little Italian restaurant that you always venture to and practically know the menu backwards? Or how about to your local cinema? The one that you regularly visit with the kids on a Sunday afternoon to endure Pixars latest creation. Or how about you bite the bullet and do something out of the ordinary?
Here are 10 Brisbane date ideas that are sure to make Date Night go off with a spark.
1. Want to show Hubby that you're up for a challenge?
Why not head over to the Kangaroo Point Cliffs for a spot of rock climbing? Sessions are guided by a skilled instructor and no experience is necessary, so there really is no excuse not to be Lara Croft for the day and show everyone you're a force to be reckoned with.
2. Take a cooking class at James St Cooking School. Now I know what you're about to say, you cook every other night of the week, why would you want to do it on your night off? However this isn't just your basic Spag Bol, James St Cooking School puts the fun back into cooking with a range of different classes and even better? Watching your other half trying to muddle their way around a kitchen might be more entertaining than you think!
3. Ahhh the ultimate man date that will earn you brownie points for the next few years. Why not take your partner on the XXXX Brewery Tour? Not only will you find out all about how the Iconic Aussie brew is made, you'll also get to the end the 90 minute tour with a beer tasting session. Bonus!
4. Why not show off your artistic sides at Cork and Chroma? A relaxed and unique date, take along your favourite tipple (BYO only!) and learn the basic techniques of painting with acrylics on canvas. A little out of the ordinary and you both end up with souvenir piece of art at the end of it! And if you're not the most creative? At least you can spend the evening with a glass of vino laughing at how completely rubbish you both are with a paint brush!
Learn how to take amazing family photos with your smartphone!
5. Need a break from the pressures of everyday life? What could be better than enjoying a comedy show at the Brisbane Power House? Shows are every Friday night and unbelievably, tickets are free of charge! Make a night out of it and head out to dinner beforehand, have a laugh together and escape for the evening.
6. Ditch your local Cineplex and make out like Danny and Sandy at the Yatala Drive In. Pack up your pillows, blankets and camping chairs and enjoy the latest movies under the stars. The Yatala Drive In snack and candy bar is also something not to be missed, forget fine dining, fill up on hot dogs, popcorn and choc tops on this fun, casual date.
7. Looking for a more active kind of date? Throw on your sexiest cycling shorts and take a romantic bike ride around Brisbane. There are over 150 City Cycle Stations across Brisbane City and your bikes can be returned to any of them at the end of your day. Kill some calories, take in the beautiful sights and maybe stop for a meal and a refreshing beverage (trust me, you'll need it!) before you head home.
8. One for the daring duos out there! Forget your local cineplex for the latest horror movie, why not experience a live ghost tale up, close and personal on one of the famous Brisbane Ghost Tours? There are heaps of different tours to choose from, starting with the mild for all those scaredy cats out there, right up to the extreme tours which have been known to cause even the toughest guests to cry like a baby. An unusual date but you're guaranteed a few laughs.
9. Picture yourself as a bit of a dancing queen? Why not prove it and book you and your loved one in for a Salsa class at Rio Rhythmics in the West End. And if you've got two left feet, there's no need to worry! Rio Rhythmics promises to give even beginners the confidence to step out on to any dance floor and shake their thing!
10. Tarzan and Jane eat your heart out! Tree Top Challenge is an awesome day date for any thrill seeking couples out there! Swing and climb your way through Mount Tambourine's rainforests in a series of mid air climbing activities and flying foxes, choosing from 3 levels of difficulty. Truly a date to remember!
Getting the right amount of vitamins and minerals is especially important during the first 12 weeks, so morning sickness is not something you should have to grin and bear! Here are our top 3 suggestions to help with your morning sickness: