14 Of The Best Scooter Tracks In BrisbaneDedicated places to ride and learn
When your little one gets their first set of wheels, be it a scooter, trike or bike, they are just raring to go. But finding somewhere that is safe and flat enough for them to practice their newfound skills can be tricky.
Luckily, Brisbane has you sorted. These parks and playgrounds have dedicated
scooter and bike tracks designed with toddlers and small children in mind where they won't get mowed down by cyclists or go hurtling into traffic.
Most are completely flat and wide with cute little stop signs, petrol stations and other obstacles and inclines where kids can practice and have fun while you can relax and just enjoy watching them.
Here is your list of just 14 of the best scooter tracks in Brisbane:
1. [Link https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-see-and-do/council-venues-and-precincts/parks/parks-by-suburb/algester-parks Timerbland Park in Algester]
Featuring a road system with street signs and pedestrian crossings, there is also a large wooden playground structure.
37 Cupania Street, Algester
Picnic area/shelter, playground with water bubbler and tap.
2. [Link https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-see-and-do/council-venues-and-precincts/parks/parks-by-suburb/parkinson-parks Greenways Esplanade Park in Parkinson]
Featuring landmarks of Brisbane including the Storey Bridge, gateway motorway and complete with traffic signage, intersections, roundabouts and crossings.
Credit: Weekend Notes
30 Greenways Esplanade, Parkinson
BMX track, basketball half court, rebound wall, cricket practice net, barbecues, car park, dog off-leash area, outdoor fitness/exercise station, picnic areas, playground and water bubbler.
3. [Link https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-see-and-do/council-venues-and-precincts/parks/using-council-parks/park-bookings-and-consents/designated-sites-for-park-bookings/dm-henderson-park-macgregor DM Henderson Park in MacGregory]
With playgrounds for both young kids and older, the bike tracks is perfect for kids learning BMX because of its many curves and humps.
Credit: Brisbane City Council
434 McCullough Street, Macgregor
barbecues, shelter sheds, playground, half court basketball, dog off leash area, public toilets, BMX bike track, public art, car park, Wifi.
4. [Link https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-see-and-do/council-venues-and-precincts/parks/parks-by-suburb/kedron-parks Bradbury Park in Kedron]
Featuring a round track about 200m long, with stop signs, ramps and obstacles to ride over and through, you can sit in the middle on the large grassy space under a tree and just chill out while your kids ride around you.
91 Kitchener Road, Kedron
cricket nets, dog off-leash area, netball facility (leased), outdoor fitness/exercise equipment, picnic area/shelter, playgrounds (including a fully fenced playground), water bubblers.
5. [Link https://www.logan.qld.gov.au/directory-record/1405/crestmead-park Crestmead Park]
This hugely popular local park boasts skating facilities and a network of mock traffic roads. The "roads" are bitumen with realistic markings and traffic signage - an ideal location for children to enjoy riding and to practise road safety.
Credit: Weekend Notes
Gimlet Street, Crestmead
barbecue, dog off leash, basketball court, toilets, playground, volleyball, picnic area, wheelchair facilities.
6. [Link https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-see-and-do/council-venues-and-precincts/parks/parks-by-suburb/kalinga-parks Kalinga Park in Clayfield]
Kalinga Park in the leafy inner northern suburb of Clayfield, is tucked away right next to the Kedron Brook with no traffic nearby to worry you. In fact, you can either drive and park there, or ride your bike straight along the designated bike path with your whole family in tow, then keep practising skills on the dedicated kids track.
31 Kalinga St, Clayfield
oilets, picnic tables, bbqs, dog off leash area, bike tracks.
7. [Link https://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/Services/Parks-Recreation/Parks/Symphony-Crescent-Park Symphony Crescent Park in Burpengary]
You can introduce children to road rules and signage with a traffic track around the playground. With give way signs and an interlinking network of concrete paths suitable for scooters and bikes, children can have great imagination play.
63 Fernando Street, Burpengary
Basketball court, playground equipment, barbecue, shelter sheds, toilets, water fountain and basketball court.
8. [Link https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-see-and-do/council-venues-and-precincts/parks/parks-by-suburb/pallara-parks Pallara District Park]
The park features a playground, fitness equipment and a learn-to-ride track that features street markings, speed humps and intersections. They even have bike stations with tyre pumps and tools for bike/scooter tune-ups
45 Van Dieren Road
Toilets, drinking fountain, playground and shelter sheds.
9. [Link https://www.ipswich.qld.gov.au/explore/parks_reserves_precincts/parks_search/grande-park Grande Park in Springfield Lakes]
The bicycle safety learning track, including concreting, street signs and line-markings, helps introduce kids to riding and the rules of the road.
Credit: Ipswich City Council Website
40 Grande Avenue, Springfield Lakes
Basketball, netball and tennis courts, playground, skate park, barbecues, dog off leash, drinking fountains, toilets, shelter sheds and power.
10. [Link https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-see-and-do/council-venues-and-precincts/parks/parks-by-suburb/jamboree-heights-parks Phil Denman Park in Jamboree Heights]
With an incredible playground for climbers and adventurers, the scooter and bike track just adds to the whole location.
56 Loffs Road, Jamboree Heights
Barbecue, basketball half court, junior cycle-training track, dog off-leash area with dog exercise equipment, picnic area/shelter, practice cricket net, rebound wall, shelter, water, car park and shelter.
11. [Link https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-see-and-do/council-venues-and-precincts/parks/parks-by-suburb/chermside-parks 7th Brigade Park in Chermside]
This park has just undergone an upgrade and has a big scooter track with lots of established trees and greenspaces.
Credit: Brisbane City Council
Corner Delaware Street and Newman Road, Chermside
basketball court, barbecue, cricket field, water fountains, toilets, playgrounds, dog off leash, exercise equipment, shelter sheds.
12. [Link https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-see-and-do/council-venues-and-precincts/parks/parks-by-suburb/carina-parks Joe Bradfield Centre Park in Carina]
The scooter track is shaded and fully fenced with traffic lights and two playgrounds close by.
28 Nyrang Street, Carina
Carina Library, bikeway, playground, tennis/netball/cricket, toilet, picnic area/shelter, water fountain and Wi-Fi
13. [Link https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-see-and-do/council-venues-and-precincts/parks/parks-by-suburb/alderley-parks Grinstead Park in Enoggera]
The newly upgraded Grinstead Park's scooter track features traffic signs, play traffic lights and even a petrol station for filling up your bike.
130 Shand Street, Enoggera
Outdoor fitness/exercise circuit, picnic area/shelter with electric barbecue, habitat restoration site, playground, rebound wall, shared pathway, toilet and water fountain.
14. [Link https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-see-and-do/council-venues-and-precincts/parks/parks-by-suburb/bellbowrie-parks/kangaroo-gully-road-park-learn-to-ride-facility-bellbowrie Kangaroo Gully Road Park in Bellbowrie]
The brand new learn to ride path only opened in 2021 and features mini petrol stations, traffic signs and is perfect for new riders.
Credit: Brisbane City Council
147 Kangaroo Gully Rd, Bellbowrie
Picnic shelter, pedestrian pathways, seating, drinking fountains and playgrounds.
Do you know of any that we have forgotten from the list? Please let us know so we can add them in!
[INTRO These dedicated parks have been designed with toddlers and young children in mind where they can learn to ride somewhere safe and fun.
Most are completely flat, with only gentle humps to ride over, and wide with cute little stop signs, petrol stations and other obstacles and inclines where kids can practice and have fun while you can relax and just enjoy watching them.
40111 - 2022-03-17 11:42:08