Australia Zoo is located about an hours drive north of Brisbane and is quite possibly my family's favourite day trip. This year, for the second time, we have been gifted annual passes and have already visited twice this month. So let me share with you just a few reasons why we love it so much:
1. It is extremely family friendly You are encouraged to bring your own lunch and set up a picnic amongst the lush tropical gardens. If you do decide to purchase food, there is a wide selection to suit even the pickiest toddler, and it is very well priced.
The park is pram and wheelchair friendly and they also provide water bottle refill stations throughout the grounds. For those with younger children, parents rooms equipped with microwaves and change facilities are easily accessed.
Learn how to take amazing family photos with your smartphone!
With entry costs starting from $35 it is also much kinder on the hip pocket than most venues. You can even sign your child up for The Birthday Club for free entry to the park on their birthday.
2. It is hands on During our last visit my daughter was able to pat an echidna, feed the kangaroos and be draped in a python. Throughout the Zoo there are a variety of experiences to keep the kids happy, all included in the entry price.
3. The Wildlife Warriors show. This is the main show for the day located in the Crocoseum. It includes beautiful birds, snakes and of course the feeding of a crocodile. On the day we visited we were even lucky enough to see the Irwin's feeding the crocodiles!
4. The Safari Shuttle Australia Zoo is a big place, so when your little ones can't make it any further, hop aboard the shuttle to take you to a number of stops throughout the park. Prams are able to be taken aboard and staff will even help you load them on.
If you want to learn the basics of how to crochet, or if you are looking for a new hobby, this Crochet for Beginners class is for you!
5. Every visit is unique We have visited over a dozen times and experienced something different each time. There is an array of special events and varying animal encounters that keep us coming back for more. Check out what's on before you visit.
Make sure you plan your day before you go to make the most of a beautiful venue and enjoy a family day out.
Location: 1638 Steve Irwin Way, Beerwah
Opening Hours: 9am-5pm every day except Christmas Day **