For us mums, even having the time, let alone the energy to get some make up on our face in the morning is some what of a luxury. However, for the next 2 days (Wednesday 22nd March & Thursday 23rd March) Priceline are having their huge 40% cosmetic sale, so I've put together 5 of my holy grail make up products that are perfect for time poor mummies who are looking for a little pick me up on those busy days.
L'oreal Nude Magique BB Cream
1. L'oreal Nude Magique BB Cream Fully fledged foundation routine first thing in the morning? 'Aint no momma got time for that!' So a BB cream is the next best thing for time poor mummas. Basically a glorified tinted moisturiser, a BB cream is perfect for evening out skin tone, offering a light amount of coverage and bringing a bit of a glow back to tired skin. And the best thing? There's no need for a brush, you can apply it with your fingers so it's quick and easy and this option from L'oreal, I've found, is one of the best.
Sale Price: $14.97
NYX Dark Circle Corrector
2. NYX Dark Circle Corrector Since becoming a mum, especially with the recent addition of my newborn son, all of those sleepless nights have taken their toll on my under eyes. The NYX Dark Circle Corrector is my key trick to fooling the world that I've had my 8 hours and more. The salmon shade will help to combat blue/purple tones and will cover up even the darkest of under eye circles! The consistency is creamy and easy to blend- just make sure to set it with a light face powder as it can crease.
Sale Price: $7.17
Australis Fresh and Flawless Powder
3. Australis Fresh and Flawless Powder Even though the temperature is dropping slightly here in Brisbane, the humidity still seems ridiculously high and I don't know about you but between running around after my youngest and carrying out the school run, I find myself sweating in places I didn't even know possible- especially on my face! A light dusting of this powder in the morning keeps my shininess and my sweat moustache (we all have one) at bay. It's finely milled so won't leave you looking 'cakey', comes in a range of shades and has a mirror in the compact so perfect for on the go touch ups.
Sale Price: $7.77
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
4. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara When I think of the time I used to take to get myself ready in the morning, I slightly envy my pre-child self. Now between filling lunch boxes, ironing uniforms and getting my brood up and into the car, I'm lucky if I get 15 minutes to make myself not look like a walking zombie, (Yes I could get up earlier and always plan to but really when does it ever happen?!) so anything that is quick, easy and makes me look halfway presentable is a must for me. This Maybelline mascara is awesome for creating 'wide awake' eyes and giving me an instant confidence boost. Even with just a light coat, your lashes will look so much longer and thicker, taking you from zero to hero in a couple of minutes.
Sale Price: $13.17
Models Prefer Finale Setting Mist
5. Models Prefer Finale Setting Mist If I do get time to do my make up in the morning, you better believe it's only happening the once. Sometimes being a 24 hour mum is so hardcore that there's no way you'll get a spare second for face touch ups so this Models Prefer Setting Mist is a godsend! Not only will a quick spray in the morning help your make up last longer throughout the day, but if you're feeling a little flat in the afternoon, a light spritz will help bring your face back to life and keep you going until bedtime. It's light, smells pleasant and an awesome find considering its low price.
Sale Price: $8.99
So there you have it! My top 5 mummy picks, all available from Priceline, check out their website to find your local store.