There's nothing better than watching your little ones face light up when they see some of their favourite characters come to life on stage and there are heaps of live events coming up in Brisbane over the next few months for you to choose from.
We've included details of where the shows will be taking place, average ticket prices and show dates for your information. Make sure to click on show names for further details and bookings.
1. Sesame Street Presents Elmo's Super Fun Hero Show Featuring Elmo and all of your favourite characters, the Sesame Street gang are on a mission...a superhero mission. Be inspired to be the best you can be with Sesame Street presents Elmo's Super Fun Hero Show!
The Brisbane Crochet Club meets fortnightly to learn crochet, meet other Brisbane mums, and have a good chat. Whether you're a complete beginner or a seasoned pro, everyone is welcome to come along!
Where? QUT's Garden Theatre When? Tuesday 15th November & Wednesday 16th November How much? Ticket prices start from $29.90
2. Cirque Du Soleil - Kooza Cirque Du Soleil are back with another jaw dropping performance combining acrobatic performance with the art of clowning whilst exploring fear, identity, recognition and power. The Innocent's journey brings him into contact with comic characters from an electrifying world full of surprises, thrills, audacity and total involvement.
Where? The Grand Chapiteau, Skygate Brisbane Airport, 11 The Circuit, Brisbane Airport When? Various dates across November, December and January How much? Ticket prices start from $60 onwards
3. The Very Hungry Caterpillar Live Show The Very Hungry Caterpillar is one of the most famous and well loved children's books ever and now you can take your little ones to see the story come to life on stage.
My Family Photo is celebrating the arrival of spring with special styled mini-sessions!
Along with the hungry caterpillar, the show also features other delightful characters from three of Eric Carle’s bestselling classic tales including The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse, Mister Seahorse and The Very Lonely Firefly.
Where? QPAC, Brisbane When? 29th November to 18th December How much? Ticket prices start from $29.90
4. Matilda The Musical If you can get hold of a ticket then this is one you sure don't want to miss. The Royal Shakespeare Company's award winning musical, Matilda, derives from one of Roald Dahl's most loved stories and tells the tale of a superhuman little girl with a thirst for knowledge and a love of books.
Where? QPAC, Brisbane When? 25th November to 12th February How much? Ticket prices start from $55
5. Symphonic Santa The Queensland Symphony Orchestra's annual children's Christmas concert, Symphonic Santa is the perfect way to get little ones and adults alike excited for the festive time of the year. Go along and sing along to the songs of Santa with all the traditional trimmings of fun and frivolity.
Where? Courier Mail Piazza, The South Bank Parklands When? Friday 2nd December and Saturday 3rd December How much? $17 per ticket and kids under 18 months are free
6. Dance! Dance! The Wiggles Big Show Everyone's favourite foursome are back in Brisbane to celebrate 25 years of The Wiggles! To make sure everyone is up on their feet and dancing, The Wiggles will be playing all of their most loved songs and bringing along their dearest friends, Dorothy the dinosaur, Wags the dog, Henry the octopus and Captain Feathersword.
Where? Brisbane Entertainment Centre When? Saturday 10th December 10am & 1pm How much? Tickets start from $35.58
7. Giggle and Hoot's Magical Christmas It' Christmas time in the land of Giggle and Hoot and everyone is busy preparing for the arrival of Hootoclaws for his special Christmas night watch, decorating trees, wrapping presents and making sure the night sky is well and truly twinklified. But what happens when all the stars disappear? Will Jimmy Giggle be able to find them and save the day?
Where? QPAC, Brisbane When? Saturday 10th December 10am, 12.30pm and 3pm How much? Ticket prices start from $39.90
8. Queensland Ballet's The Nutcracker At midnight on Christmas Eve, little Clara begins a magical journey into a wondrous world of toys that come to life. There she meets King Rat, giant mice, and the beautiful Sugar Plum Fairy, who reigns over the Kingdom of Sweets. With beautiful sets, amazing costumes and stunning dance, there really is no better way to get you and your family in the festive spirit.
Where? QPAC, Brisbane When? 9th to the 23rd December How much? Prices for adults are $100 with lower costs for under 30's and children
9. Peppa Pig's Play Date Peppa Pig is coming to Australia in a brand new super-sized interactive experience called Peppa Pig Playdate. Families are invited to journey into the world of Peppa Pig and her friends when they visit Peppa Pig Playdate for a fun and unique interactive play experience. Visit Peppa's house, sail on the pond, jump in muddy puddles and get to meet some of your favourite characters.
Where? Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre When? Saturday 14th to Wednesday 18th December How much? Ticket prices start from $45.90
10. The Snail and the whale Based on the book by best selling children's authors Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler. Join a tiny snail in her round the world trip where she hitches a lift from and befriends a hump back whale. Join them on their adventures experiencing sharks and penguins, icebergs and volcanoes. But when the whale gets into trouble will the tiny snail be able to save him?
Where? QPAC, Brisbane When? 6th to 22nd January 2017 How much? Ticket price is $34.90
11. Operation Ouch! Live on Stage The ABC3 hit children's series Operation Ouch! is coming to Brisbane in January 2017 with Dr Chris and Dr Xand in their first ever live show. Packed with incredible stunts, crazy experiments and amazing facts, the doctors will explore the fascinating world of biology and show you the awesome things your body can do!
Where? Brisbane Powerhouse Theatre When? 17th to the 19th January 2017 How much? Ticket prices start from $49
12. Room on the Broom Live Another best selling book from Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler that is set to come to life on stage next year, Room on the Broom is the story of a witch and her cat who happen to be flying happily along on her broomstick until a stormy gush of wind changes everything that is. With a number of memorable characters, songs, laughs and scary fun for children aged 3 and up – and their grown-ups, Room on the Broom is a must see of 2017.
Where? QUT's Garden Theatre When? 17th to 22nd January 2017 How much? Ticket prices $35 with special discounts for large groups
13. Mister Maker and the Shapes Live Mister Maker finally returns to Brisbane in January 2017 for 3 days only with a brilliant, fun, fast paced and interactive new show. There will be a big ‘make’ to take part in, super songs and dances to join in with and of course, his fantastic sidekicks The Shapes!
Where? QPAC, Brisbane When? 13th to the 15th January 2017 How much? Ticket prices start from $39.90
14. The Magic Faraway Tree by the Brisbane City Youth Ballet Surely everyone has read Enid Blyton's classic, The Magic Faraway Tree at some point during their childhood and what better way to introduce a world of magic and imagination to our little ones then with a live adaptation from the Brisbane City Youth Ballet? Join Silky, Moonface, Saucepan Man and their friends as they visit the Land of Toys, The Land of Goodies and The Land of Presents.
Where? Conservatorium Theatre, Griffith University, South Bank When? 17th to the 19th January How much? Adult ticket is $45, child ticket $36
15. Paw Patrol Live! Race to the Rescue! Everyones favourite rescue pups are coming live to a stage near you! Join Ryder and his canine pals for this action packed, high energy, musical adventure. With Mayor Goodway nowhere to be seen on the day of the Big Race, it's down to the pups to come to the rescue! With all of your favourite characters, up tempo music and a cleverly written script, this is definitely one not to be missed for any Paw Patrol fan.
Where? Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre When? 13th to the 15th April 2017 How much? Ticket prices start from $29.90
16. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone- in concert An event sure to excite any Harry Potter fan out there, this special concert will feature the Queensland Symphony Orchestra performing every note from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone live on Saturday 1 April 2017. The movie will be shown in high definition on a giant screen whilst the orchestra play alongside performing John Williams' unforgettable score.
Where? Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre When? Saturday 1st April 2017, 1.30pm and 7.30pm How much? Ticket prices start from $59