Brisbane is a wonderful place to live because of its incredible climate, easy going pace and plethora of incredible sites, events and activities that are at our finger tips.
If you need some inspiration on how to make 2020 the most fun year yet, and you want to really take advantage of the best Brisbane has to offer, then why not work your way through this list of the ultimate Brisbane Bucket List.
1. Take in a show at QPAC, Queensland's own Performing Arts Centre. So far this year they are showing Bluey's Big Play, Shrek the Musical and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory just to name a few.
2. Take a city cat along the river and stroll through the Jacaranda trees at New Farm Park, arguably Brisbane's most beautiful park. With the Powerhouse that showcases kids activities and events, weekend markets, a wonderful all ages playground and boundless room for a picnic, it is the ultimate Brisbane destination.
3. Visit the lagoon at South Bank for a free swim with city views.
4. Head to Eat Street Markets for live music and an eclectic array of cuisines from around the world.
5. Take a city cat ride and make the journey even more fun than the destination. Here are some itineries for a great day out.
6. Visit the cosmic skyzone of Brisbane's Planetarium situated right next to the beautiful botanic gardens at Mt Coot-ha.
7. Visit one of Brisbane's newest riverside food and beverage destinations, Howard Smith Wharves. With so many options for restaurants to choose from, plus lots of grassy places for a picnic, it is a fun day out for everyone.
14. Take your life into your hands at one of the many indoor play centres where your kids can go crazy with excitement and your eardrums may burst. See here for a list to get started.
15. Visit the excellent playground and take in the wildlife and natural surrounding of Capalaba Regional Park.
16. Visit one of the many beautiful beaches just a short drive from Brisbane. Kid friendly beaches include Paradise Point at the Gold Coast, Moffats Beach at the Sunshine Coast or Woorim Beach on Bribie Island.
17. Or why not take in a beach even closer to Brisbane like Sutton's Beach at Redcliffe.
46. Indulge in some of the best gelato you will ever have at Gelato Messina in South Brisbane.
47. Go on a free walking tour of Brisbane City to learn about the history and get an overview of the city.
48. Visit one of the many incredible attractions that QLD is famous for across the world including the theme parks (Dreamworld, Wet and Wild, SeaWorld, Movie World), Australia Zoo and Underwater World.
50. You are sure to be exhausted after all this and in need of some time with someone special. Check out these Date Night Restaurants to have a romantic evening for two.
So there you have it! We hope you have found some inspiration. If you think we should expand this list then please comment with some of your favourite hot spots and activities in the comments! Maybe we can get to 100 with your help!