Here are 5 ways to sneak in some self care to everyday life and make you feel like YOU again.
1. Get Outside Preferably somewhere beautiful, but even the backyard will do. Take your shoes off, breathe in some fresh air and soak up some nature. If your family is anything like mine, morale improves immediately once we get out of the house.
2. Pamper Yourself Jump in the bath with the kids (or without!), pop on a facemask and have a long soak. My little ones love this robot shaped bath bomb from, Lush Ė it smells divine with notes of lavender and chamomile.
If you think a bath isnít quite going to cut it, consider a mobile hairdresser if you canít make it to the salon. My girlfriends and I love to make a day of it, cuddle each otherís babies, amuse each otherís toddlers while the lovely Brooke from Free Spirit Hair takes care of our tresses. If you are in Brisbane West, I cannot recommend her highly enough - Free Spirit Hair by Brooke
3. Do Something You Enjoyed Before Motherhood Some days, I just CANNOT face another park. When that happens, I like to go somewhere child friendly that I loved before I was a Mum. My go-to is the library. Itís safe, quiet, and there are tonnes of activities for babies and children. I like to browse the aisles while my toddler is enthralled by story time. You can find whatís happening at your local library here.
4. Move Your Body Strap your baby on and go for a hike, take your stroller for a run, or pop on some kids yoga and have a big stretch out with the family. I love to put on my favourite tunes, declare itís dance party time, and bop around the house!
5. Catch Up With Friends Grab a coffee and a few snacks and head to the park for a picnic. Thereís nothing like a laugh, or a cry, with your tribe to fill your cup!
Do you want to learn how to knit? Or have recently started and would like to meet some new friends to share your creativity with, all while having a good chat? The Brisbane Knitting Club has classes for you!