A very popular topic on Brisbane Mum's Group is ways to find a nanny, au pair or babysitter to help out either for a one off date night with your partner, or on a more permanent basis when childcare isn't an option.
We have put together a list of the top recommendations from the Mums of this group below:
Remember to do your own due diligence and research before engaging any services. This is just a list of recommendations of ways to start.
The top Facebook groups that have been recommended time and time again are:
1. Au Pair World. Connecting Au Pairs to Host Families, this is a global website that has an Australian version. It provides information on doing it the right way as a host family including information on visas.
2. Cee Bee Care. Cee Bee's is a daycare centre that also offers babysitting, creche and in home services. They provide support for eligible families who require subsidised child care services in the family’s own home.
3. We Need a Nanny. We Need a Nanny connects you with nanny's in your local area after a quick postcode search. Membership is required to search and contact the registered nannies.
4. Juggle Street. Juggle Street is a neighbourhood network which allows parents to post in real time for local helpers for babysitting, nannying, au pair, before and after school care and tutors. Parents set the price and all helpers are reviewed and rated.
1. Sittr. Sittr is a free app which connects parents with nannys and babysitters in their local area. Sitters have undergone a photo identity check and have a Working With Children Check and a government issued background check which includes a national criminal history check. All sitters also have Senior First Aid training.
Do you know of any other ways to find a nanny, babysitter or au pair in Brisbane? Please let us know in the comments below. We would love to hear from you!