Five Brisbane Cafes where you can get a coffee then watch the kids play.
As a parent, convenience is everything- so we've put together a handy list of 5 Brisbane cafes that all have parks within walking distance, so not only can you enjoy a coffee and a cake whilst the kids wear themselves out, but you only have to load the car up once!
As always, we know that there will be plenty more cafes in Brisbane that would be perfect for the list so feel free to leave any that you know of in the comments.
The Monkey Bar Cafe, Greenslopes
1. The Monkey Bar Cafe, Greenslopes The Monkey Bar Cafe is the perfect child-friendly eatery. Situated right beside an awesome kids playground that can be seen from the outdoor seating, the menu features lots of drinks and meals appropriate for any age - all at an affordable price! You can literally take along the whole family too as your four-legged friends are also invited!
If you need some time out from the kids over the weekend, want to enjoy a bit of adult conversation and a relaxed tour of the city, Brisbane Food Safari Club has a new experience starting in July.
2. Forty West, South Ripley Forty West cafe overlooks the massively impressive aquativity playground in Ipswich’s new housing estate of Providence Ripley. Kids will have an amazing time on the awesome play area whilst parents can chow down on a feast of buffalo wings, gourmet pizzas or the deliciously pulled pork sliders to name a few. Make sure to 'like' their Facebook page as they usually have meal deals running- including kids eat free on certain days!
3. Queens Park Cafe, Ipswich Queens Park Cafe is located opposite the hugely popular Queens Park in Ipswich, which is big enough to wear out even the most energetic of children! Once all of their energy has been burnt and tummy's beginning to rumble, why not head over to the cafe for a delicious lunch? There're loads of child-friendly options on the menu as well as lots of choice for hungry parents and whilst kids take advantage of the complimentary colouring equipment, mum can relax with a cuppa and enjoy the lovely views.
4. Robelle Cafe, Springfield Central The Robelle Domain Parklands has been labelled one of the best outdoor destinations in Brisbane, with a large range of playground equipment, on site water park, as well as a number of walking tracks perfect for a bike ride. Right in the centre of the park sits the Robelle Cafe- the perfect stop off point to sit back with a coffee whilst you watch the kids play. There are lots of reasonably priced, child-friendly food options and a mouthwatering menu jam-packed with an array of entrees, main courses, brekkies and desserts!
5. Tea Garden Cafe, Capalaba Situated within the wonderfully educational 'Redlands IndigiScapes Centre', the Tea Garden Cafe is the perfect place to wind down after an afternoon of play. There's a large selection of hot and cold meals on the menu including gourmet salads, sandwiches, wraps and the delicious 'native lamb hotplate'. The park itself features a wildlife education centre, fully equipped with children's activities and interactive displays as well an outdoor playground and shrubbery maze for kids to explore.